How to build a secure and effective policy in a multi-platform mobile environment
Data/compliance violations due to employees using their mobile devices at work happen every day. And while there has yet to be a high-profile case exhibiting the results of poorly secured devices, the threats are real.
However, the scare-tactics often used by industry pundits and EMM/MDM/MAM vendors are missing the point.
The conversation around Enterprise Mobility should be one of enablement – threats will always exist despite the tightest mobile security regulations and policies, but what can you do to minimize those risks?
With all the varying kinds of devices and operating systems – from laptop to tablet; from Android, to Apple – savvy IT pros know they need to focus on (1) proactively implementing security controls, data loss prevention, and auditing to protect corporate data, and (2) securely enabling mobile access to applications and data on varying devices.
And it’s within this context of preemptively planning for mobile threats, while also supporting the demands of modern end-users, and modern businesses, that our Securing email, apps and data in the age of mobility seminar arrives in a city near you. (Check out dates and locations on the right.)
Join Jack Madden – recognized expert at BrianMadden.com, author of the definitive book on mobile and EMM entitled Enterprise Mobility Management: Everything you need to know about MDM, MAM, & BYOD and frequent keynote speaker on all things mobility-related – as he shows you definitive examples on how you can secure your mobile workforce, without frustrating your end-users. He’ll share with you real world case studies of mobile app management in action, provide tips for securing mobile email and how to prevent wiping a device, and give you the tools you need to set a mobile strategy in place or strengthen the one you have – all for just a half-day out of the office.
Jack’s first session covers iOS and Android from an enterprise perspective and illustrates:
- What mobile device management (MDM) can and can’t do for us.
- Why Android is difficult and the 5 strategies for dealing with it.
- What an enterprise mobility solution should do for us – especially when phones are used for both work and personal time.
- How to avoid falling into common mobility management traps
- How mobile app management (MAM) works, and the different types of MAM.
- Why you need to be prepared for BYOD no matter what.
Then, in the second session Jack deep dives into the key elements that should be considered as part of your strategy:
- How to identify threats in advance, how to avoid a security breach and how to effectively plan to prevent it from happening again (or ever happening).
- Securing email with MDM or MAM so you can avoid remote wiping BYOD devices.
- Easing the pain of mass deployment of enterprise credentials, settings, and apps with MDM.
Mobile file syncing, and why it’s indispensable.
- Understanding the many options for sourcing or creating mobile apps, and how to transform older applications for mobile.
- Strategies for mitigating risks from jailbroken and rooted devices, and malware in the mobile world.
- Discuss whether Apple, Google, and Samsung are your enterprise friends or foes.
Your employees are going mobile whether you like it or not. Why not help them make the most of it, while protecting your corporate assets at the same time?