A half-day expert training on desktop computing in the BYO era
Desktop delivery is changing.
New desktop virtualization tools and technologies are allowing for a wide array of ways to deliver a Windows-based desktop experience to users. And yet, for many users, anytime/anywhere access still isn't enough; they also now require access to their desktops and applications from any device.
Attend Desktop Virtualization 2013 and our independent experts Brian Madden, Gabe Knuth and Shawn Bass will guide you through how to effectively manage your users’ desktops in the age of BYOD.
Join us when we arrive in your city and learn:
- Why desktop virtualization may NOT be the answer for delivering Windows desktops to new mobile devices
- How to make old Windows applications work in the new world
- How to get a handle on Windows 7 while Windows 8 is being pushed on us.
And - because this discussion will avoid the typical propaganda extolling the benefits of desktop virtualization, cloud-based desktops, and SaaS – the focus will instead be on solving the real problems impacting you and your users, including in depth analysis of:
- The (near) future of the desktop
- How “post-Windows” products like Citrix CloudGateway and VMware Horizon fit in
- How we can break the Windows desktop into its core
- The adoption rate of desktop virtualization
- An update on the latest desktop virtualization & VDI products
- What will the future desktop look like?
- How do you deal with tablets and phones?
- What about all those apps that are Windows apps? (And that will always be Windows apps?)
- What about Windows 8? Should you care?
- The evolution of Microsoft
- Microsoft Windows licensing, SA, VDA, CDL, etc.
- Microsoft Surface tablets
- Windows 8 Metro touch-based UI
- Windows for ARM. Does that matter for you?
- Where to use Windows Desktop delivery, and how to choose the right form factor (laptop, Remote Desktop Session Host, VDI, client-based VM, tablet, etc.)